Green Homes Grant: What do the vouchers cover?
We are expecting vouchers for the Government’s new Green Homes Grant to be launched imminently. In the meantime, we’re pleased to provide a summary of information available on the scheme so far, including what the vouchers will cover.
- Scheme available for homeowners and landlords for green home improvements to their property
- Under the scheme, the Government will pay for for a significant proportion of the cost of eligible measures up to a total of £5,000. Low income households may be entitled to vouchers worth up to 100% of the cost
- Using the Simple Energy Advice website, consumers can see how energy efficient their homes already are, and where improvements can be made. Once completed, homeowners and landlords will receive a personalised energy plan
- The plan can be obtained now and once the vouchers are launched, you will be able to apply for a Green Homes Grant towards the cost of the improvements
- The Green Homes Grant includes insulation and low-carbon heating such as ground and air source heat pumps. New underfloor heating and new high capacity radiators are also covered by the scheme. For a full list of what is included, please click here
- You will need to get a final quote from a listed supplier before getting the voucher to spend. Do contact us if you’d like a quote
- You will also have to choose from a list of registered tradespeople in your area to quote for and do the work. In order to qualify for the grant for a heat pump installation, all work must be completed by MCS accredited and TrustMark registered installers such as Finn Geotherm.
29th September 2020